I am going to lay out some Predictions that paint the forecast for 2021. Between us, the first part isn’t all that positive.
But hang with me ok?
Because, for you, the bad news can turn into good news if you know how to position your business for maximum impact. And I promise to show you at least 6 ways to absolutely dominate this next year.
So here goes…
What Does 2021 Have in Store?
2021 is going to be a challenging year for most people. I know that sounds doomy and gloomy*, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel if you’re willing to stay with me.
Here are some reasons:
- First, the economy is in shambles. I know the stock market just hit a new 30k high, but it’s an over-inflated bubble. That’s because the market is still showing the after-effects of the (over)stimulus passed by Congress (over and over and over again). The multiple stimuluses (stimuli?) may have helped politicians up for reelection and it may have temporarily helped the national numbers, but all it did for the nation’s long-term financials is belay the massive (inevitable) down correction. If you want to go deeper into this, just dive into corporate debt, consumer debt, and mortgage defaults. They are all approaching all-time highs and that usually (and by “usually” I mean “always”) spells a problem.**
- Second, there is a near 100% certainty that the new administration (if there is a new administration) will enforce a national lockdown combined with a national mask order. We can debate the science (or lack thereof), but that spells doom for an already beleaguered Main Street. (Most restaurants were near bankruptcy before PPP).***
- Finally, ‘Rona isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. (Or more accurately, the TALK of ‘Rona isn’t going anywhere). I know the media has touted the saving nature of “warp speed” vaccines, but it’s mostly hype. As usual, vaccine “efficacy” numbers are inflated. Plus, you know you can’t trust the government. You can’t trust the drug companies. So when they get together, they don’t all of the sudden become trustworthy citizens. Call me a cynic, but the only thing keeping cable news on the air is this crisis. So they’re not going to let this go (by a long shot).
Important Note: you can disagree with me on any and all of the above. And you may be right. But if you fail to adjust for what’s coming, you’re going to miss out on one of the biggest opportunities in the last 80-years.
Anyway, that was 3 pieces of bad news.
So now I owe you some good news.
The GOOD news is this: you choose what side of the cash register you stand on.
You can either be a victim or a victor.
You can be a complainer or a creator.
You can be a lemming or a lion.
The GREAT news is: your future is in your own hands.
It’s not in the hands of the new President or the old one.
It’s not in the hands of the new Congress or either party.
YOU get to choose what happens next.
So why not choose to grab some courage, stand for something, make your mark in the world, and reap the rewards.
With all of the pain and misery comes OPPORTUNITY.
And that opportunity means more income, impact, and influence — if you want it.
So Here Are 6 Ways to Crush 2021…
#1 The January Wake Up
The country has been in a state of near-hypnotism since mid-November. Most of America has spent most of their day glued to the TV or online news in a desperate effort to make sense of the national crisis and election.
Every marketer I know has seen a massive decrease in response rates over the last 4 weeks.
That all ends the first week in January.
Once the holiday season ends and New Years’ comes and goes, the nation will wake up again. January is the month when the average person takes a deep breath and re-focuses on their business.
And you need to be ready for it.
I am personally running 2 product launches for clients in January and I am also launching 2 products of my own.
So if you’re a consultant, get ready to pitch some deals. (This will help.)
If you’re an author, January is a great time to launch a book.
If you have an online business, January is the time to monetize it.
That’s also why on Wednesday, January 6th I am hosting an all-day training session called the “2021 Accelerator 1-Day Training.” During this 5-hour Zoom session, I am going to cover the 6 Core Areas that will make 2021 your best year: Mind Control, Marketing, Time Mastery, Persuasion / Communication, LiveStreaming (Building Your Studio), and Social Media. This will be an interactive “mastermind-style” session where you can get some 1-on-1 help. And you will leave with a PLAN.
More to come on that next week, but if you’re interested, grab your seat here. (Coupon code “2021” gets you $100 off).
With that in mind, let’s move to…
#2 It’s Time to Stand for Something
Back in the day (you know…last year), you could be more generic in your marketing approach. For example, people used to be able to get away with being “social media experts” and teach about all the social platforms simultaneously.
The 2021 marketplace is going to be HYPER-focused. If that example above is you, then you’re not a “social media expert” anymore, you’re an “Instagram growth strategist.”
See the difference?
In an ever-tightening market, you want to be more specific in your promises. You used to be able to offer more generic benefits like “grow your social media platform.” In 2021, you’re going to need to be more specific like, “Grow your Instagram profile by 1,000 new followers a month.”
“Standing for Something” means that you’re willing to Attract the Right Audience while simultaneously REPEALING the Wrong Audience. In other words, you should be ok with negative reviews from time to time. My metric is if you are getting 5–12% negative reviews, you nailed it. 0% means you’re not pushing it enough. 50% negative reviews mean you’re probably being an ass.
Check out the 1-Star reviews on my 21-Day Miracle Book.
You’ll notice at the beginning of this email, I made 3 Predictions about 2021 that could have ruffled someone’s feathers. I can guarantee some people probably closed this email, unsubscribed, and went their way. I say good riddance. I didn’t want them anyway. That’s because I am after a small cadre of people who want to change the world, not a million tire-kickers.
Which brings me to…
#3 Target ONE Social Platform
Speaking of the Specificity!
GONE are the days where you could be a Jack of All-Trades / Master of None. Back in the day, we had a strategy called “spray and pray” which basically meant taking one piece of content and spreading it across all platforms.
You can’t get away with that anymore. Not only do you lose relevance and targeting, but each of the platforms has duplicate content filters that under-promote content that has been used elsewhere.
Duplicate content what-what-what?
A Duplicate Content Filter works like this. Let’s say you post an article to your blog and then post that same article to LinkedIn. Guess whose spiders know you just did that? Google’s, LinkedIn’s, and everyone else’s. So when LinkedIn sees that you just posted a piece of duplicate content, they simply show your article to fewer people (or maybe even zero people).
Additionally, posting something to both IG and FB at the same time ends up not looking right on one (or both) of the platforms.
For all of those reasons and more, I recommend focusing on ONE social media platform and dominating there. My best suggestion is to choose either LinkedIn (if you’re a B-to-B) or Instagram (for all other businesses). Try out the paid advertising features as well. Most of the platforms are done giving free leads, so putting some skin in the game goes a long way.
Ok, that’s all I have time for this week. We are HALF-way through a 6 Strategy list that’s going to change your business for good. Next week, I am going to wrap up my “How to Crush 2021” list with 3 KEY strategies you absolutely don’t want to miss.
Catch you then.
P.S. Put Wed, January 6th on your calendar. It’s an all-day training that you’re not going to want to miss.
Grab your seat here.
(Coupon code “2021” gets you $100 off).
P.P.S. I go deeper into all of the above on this EdTalks LIVE show.
* It took 2020 to make “doomy and gloomy” an official phrase.
** I could go on for hours about how excessive manipulation hurts markets in the long run. The short version is you and I always end up paying the price when Congress messes with markets. As a case in point, just look at who made a LOT of money this year while small businesses suffered.
* I don’t know about you, but I have had enough of mayors, governors, council members, Congressmen and Congresswomen who can’t keep to their own mandated lockdown/mask orders. Like the Denver mayor who boarded a flight 30-mins after telling his city to “avoid travel.” Like the House speaker who helped shut down the country but enjoyed a private salon visit. And like the dozen others who went to eat at their favorite restaurant after shutting down their states.
(Sigh) Is anyone ready for new leaders across the board?